Wednesday 15 September 2010

No depression...ACTION!!!



In this dimension, everything comes from a decision: everything, everything and everything. When we feel bad, for this reason, we can decide to change our feeling instantly by our will and our decision. It’s simpler than you can imagine, because the Truth is simple. When I deal with people with depression, I know what they feel.


When I was 20 years old, I was very affected by one of my first cousins, who I considered a sister, who went away from me, suddenly. I was doing something I didn’t enjoy, studying Economics. Inside myself, I knew that foreign languages were my passion since ever, but I tried to convince myself that a degree in Economics was more useful to find a job.


I was very frustrated and I couldn’t study; the failure of my first exam at university was a terrible experience, which affected me a lot, because I never failed before. For all these reasons, I went into the tunnel of a depression. I was only 20 years old and I remembered that although the summer weather was gorgeous, I preferred to lay in bed, doing nothing, just breathing. My decision was to play the role of a victim. I can’t forget my neighbour, a very smart old lady, was telling me: “Linda, what are you doing in bed? Go out, there is a beautiful sun!” I didn’t care about the dawn or the sunset, because it was the same for me.


One passion saved me from this depression: tennis. I loved to watch matches on TV. One day, during the ATP Tournament in Palermo, I met one person I knew, discovering she was working in that tournament. I started to dream to work like her was doing, during tennis tournaments. I started to take action, writing to a very important journalist I used to follow on TV and some other very important people from ATP Tour (the male professional tennis circuit). I had faith 100% that something positive was going to happen in my life, thanks to all the actions I took. And something of extraordinary happened.


One day, I received a call from the very famous journalist I wrote to and he advised me to contact a very famous one in tennis from the local newspaper of my region and who was the head of the press office, during ATP Tour and WTA Tour (the female professional tennis circuit) tournaments. I got an interview with him and he offered me to work with him in the most important tennis tournaments played in Palermo (WTA, ATP and others) and to write for the most important newspaper, in Sicily. I cried when I saw my signature on my first article about a volley ball match. I started to write and write articles, even about tennis. I became famous, especially in the journalism about tennis; very important and well-known magazines asked me for collaboration.


I became press officer during WTA and ATP tournaments, also interpreting, during press conferences and on the court at the final, from Italian into English and vice versa, talking in front so many people and having a show on TV. I worked even during the Davis Cup Italy-USA played in Palermo, in 1995, when I met the famous journalist who phoned me, expressing him all my gratitude for his call. WTA asked me to write an article, which was published all over the world. I met very famous tennis players, such as Andre Agassi, Pete Sampras, the brothers Sanchez, Mary Pierce and the Italian one who won Roland Garros, recently: Francesca Schiavone. I mentioned only few of them. In the meantime, I understood I had to follow my passion at university. I changed faculty, starting to study foreign languages and a new one was Spanish. I was happier and happier, becoming journalist and studying what I enjoyed. My depression was at my back.


When we feel depressed, we are doing the play of our darkest side, fed by negative emotions, feelings and thoughts. We decide to follow that inner voice which is telling us: “feel bad, feel depressed so you will be at the centre of others attention…” Most of the times, depression hides a desire/need to be loved, the fear of the change like it was in my case, I understood later. Self-love is really important and when we practice it, we can’t feel depressed. We are in happiness, joy; we feel the excitement for what we are experiencing in our life.


I told a part of my story to convey you how action is important and how following our passions and dreams is so important. The depression is not showering above us; what I see to shower above us is a “rain of energy” 24 hours a day, this is the “daily bred”, “the famous Manna”. We can decide to feel good or bad; it’s our decision in every single moment of our life. I told myself I didn’t want to have this experience anymore in my life and although I had other tough moments, I tried to face them in a very different way, thanks to the spiritual teachings I receive, my experiences as channeller and more.


The Power is within us and it’s a great challenge and adventure to discover it. You need to find yourself, you need to understand how beautiful you are, how fantastic your Soul is and you need to discover that YOU CAN… EVERYTHING. Yes, everything. You need to discover that anything is possible in your life. I did and am doing in my life. A coach is not better than anyone else, but maybe understood a little bit more and puts in practice a little bit more. Everyone has an Infinite Power inside…it’s only matter to discover it!


Coaching is one of the greatest tools to discover ourselves. It’s not a case if US President, Dalai Lama, very famous entrepreneurs hired a coach. I understood I faced, I am facing challenges in my life and I love them. What we call problem is an opportunity and a challenge to go beyond ourselves. I’m noticing that only people who are ready to have a real change in their lives, a real breakthrough come to me to ask for coaching. I know that we need courage to go inside ourselves, because I did and I do every day. Anyway, the reward is priceless: when you find yourself, you find everything, you find the God within you.

No depression, please. ACTION!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment